Ask.Cyberinfrastructure

What's in a Name?

Good points about Google search. I lean to QueRC now. But, I seem to be pronouncing it “quirk”.

1 Like

Only issue is if you tell someone to go to “Q R C” they may just do that or “queueRC” because they all know the term “queue”.

A Spanish twist could be QuéRC (as in “Kay R C”), not to be confused with K R C. :wink:

I love the cleverness of the QueRc name for many reasons… though I am a bit reluctant to vote for it because I empathize with the end users who get frustrated with the hard-to-type acronyms that we sometimes come up with! So my vote goes here to the simple and direct name of Ask.

1 Like

Research Computing Answers - RCA

slight variation… RCANS or possibly RCAN.

1 Like

Research Computing Answer Network (RCAN)?

2 Likes

How about QARC, pronounced quark? Q and A for Research Computing

4 Likes

Why not use QuARC then?

2 Likes

Or ‘Questions for Advanced Research Computing’, (QAARC, if you include ‘Answers’) pronounced like ‘CaRCC’ (which might be as confusing as…)!

ARC – Ask Research Computing, Answers in Research Computing, Answers for Research Computing

1 Like

That’s why I skipped QARC - sounded too much like CaRCC. And there are handful of Google hits.

I like this, the only problem is google: https://www.google.com/search?q=arc+research+computing

1 Like

How about AskRC?

2 Likes

How about AskRC?

4 Likes

AskRC is pretty good as well…

QARC (or QuARC), proposed by @Chrisreidy solves conflict that @nicolella pointed out, and and is kind of catchy too. So does/is QueRC.

1 Like