Ask.Cyberinfrastructure

How do I ask for help from Stanford Research Computing?

support

I have a question that I can’t seem to find the answer to on here, or it’s not appropriate for asking for help. What are my options?

0 Likes

If you need help specific to resource offered by Stanford, you have several options!

• The obvious first answer is to ask a new question on this topic board! This is a good choice if you want to bring in the entire AskCI community to help with the (likely Stanford) specific question.
  • @StanfordCompute on Twitter is a way to publicly reach out. This would be a good choice to reach our staff, but also bring in discussion from the community.
  • For questions that have sensitive content or shouldn’t be public, you can send an email to research-computing-support@stanford.edu. It’s good practice to include tags like “sherlock” (the name of a cluster) in the title so the message can be directed to the right staff.
  • In person support, including office hours for 1-1 question and help, is available on the srcc support page. Check here for updated hours.

Cluster and Storage Documentation

A few of our biggest clusters have their own documentation bases!

We encourage you, if you have a question that is met in another venue and other users might be interested, to post a question and answer here! The next person will find it. For all other questions, ping us at research-computing-support@stanford.edu.

0 Likes

About the Stanford Research Computing category