Globus is a platform for transferring data between cluster resources, and you can use it for free!
Here are some example of what you might want to do:
- Data transfer between servers in your group (e.g., farmshare to sherlock)
- Data transfer between a server (e.g., sherlock) and your personal computer.
- Share data with researchers at other institutions that have Globus endpoints
- Make data publicly available for general consumption
- Set up automated tasks to transfer data
Importantly, there are features like setting up automated transfer and encryption that might be important to you. Are you interested?
Well you’ve come to the right place! We have a documentation base that will help to get you started. If you have any questions, you can:
- Ask them here
- Ask a question (or contribute with a pull request!) via the documentation base on Github
- Email Research Computing Support
We recommend that you start on the “How do I…” page that will get you started to create an account, and transfer files, with information specific to Stanford. If you are looking for more general AskCI resources on Globus, try doing a search for Globus.