There is a long list of questions that are asking about something called GAMES, for example:
- Is there a way to reduce the amount of disk files GAMESS uses, or even run the calculations entirely in RAM?
- Does GAMESS benefit from running calculations on multiple compute nodes? If so, what methods scale the best across many compute nodes on a cluster?
- How many MPI ranks should I request for a GAMESS calculation?
- How can I restart my GAMESS calculation and resubmit?
- How can I determine how much memory I need before submitting my GAMESS calculation?
Can anyone tell me what exactly GAMESS is? I’d like to know a good definition, use cases in HPC, and alternatives to it. Thank you!